Many people consider Spring to be the ideal season to list your home, and it certainly is the most popular time, but if you're considering selling your home there are many benefits to listing during the Holiday season!
1. People who look for a home during the winter months are more serious buyers. There may be fewer of them during the holidays but those who are looking are ready to pull the trigger.
2. People shop for homes all year. With listings available online, potential buyers are always browsing properties.
3. Some buyers may be looking to take advantage of tax breaks by purchasing a home before the end of the year.
4. Houses show better when decorated for the Holidays. Decorating your home makes it feel warmer and more inviting
5. Buyers have more time to look for a house. Though you may think of the Holidays as a hectic time, most work schedules become a little more flexible for buyers, giving them more opportunities for viewings
6. Buyers have fewer houses to choose from. Less competition means more money for you! Since supply will dramatically increase in the new year there will be less demand for your particular home, less demand means less money.
7. Buyers are more emotional during the Holidays so they are more likely to pay your price.
8. The first few months of the year are traditionally when employees begin new jobs. Since transferees cannot wait until the spring to buy they will be motivated to buy during winter
9. You can spend the Holidays in your current home even if you sell. You can sell now and we can negotiate for a delayed closing for extended occupancy until early next year
10. By selling now you have an opportunity to be a non-contingent buyer during the Spring when many more house are on the market for less money, this will allow you to sell high and buy low
11. The decrease in inventory can contribute to a smoother transaction as the professionals involved in a real estate transaction aren't juggling as much work
12. Top producing REALTORS® are up to the task! Many agents will begin to slow down as the end of the year approaches but at Century 21 All Points we have been known to sign deals on Christmas Eve!
You Have Questions... We Have Answers! Click here for more information about selling or contact us today.Posted by Team Support on
Leave A Comment