The real estate market in Halifax is still active and busy and despite the Holiday season having arrived, buyers are still looking.
So if you are thinking of Selling your home, here are some great reasons to do it over the Holidays.
1. People who look for a home during the Winter are more serious buyers!
2. Serious buyers have fewer houses to choose from during the Winter and less competition means more money for you!
3. The supply of listings will increase in January
4. Houses show better when decorated for the Holidays!
5. Buyers are more emotional during the Holidays
6. Buyers have more time to look for a home during the Holidays
7. Some people must buy before the end of the year for tax reasons
8. January, February and March are traditionally the months for employees to begin new jobs. Since transferees cannot wait until Spring to buy, you must be on the market now to capture that market!
9. You can still be on the market, but you have the option to restrict showings during the six or seven days during the Holidays
10. You can sell now for more money and we will negotiate for a delayed closing until early next year
11. By selling now, you may have an opportunity to be a unconditional buyer during this Spring
12. CENTURY 21 All Points REALTORS® are up to the task. Many agents will begin to slow down as the end of the year approaches, but we've been known to sign deals on Christmas Eve!